Packing Tips: Home Office / Den
We have the home office packing tips to assist you in your next relocation. Packing an office can be tricky, especially when sensitive documents, electronics and computers are involved. It’s imperative to properly pack so that none of your files or documents are misplaced during the move.
Berger Allied Moving & Storage’s home office packing tips break down your office by section, then provide guidelines on how to best pack them. From books to office furniture, Berger offers you our expertise in packing offices. Our home office packing tips come from more than 100 years experience in the moving business.
Berger Allied Moving & Storage’s Packing Tips for the Home Office
Your home office will likely contain your important paperwork and legal papers. Set these aside beforehand and plan to take them with you. Computer equipment and other valuables that exceed $100 per pound will need to be listed on your “High Value Inventory” form to receive proper valuation coverage.
- Personal computer, printer, scanner or other equipment
- Disconnect and mark all wires and cables for easy assembly
- Detach paper holders/feeders from printers and wrap monitors and additional hardware as you would other home electronics
- Remove toner and ink cartridges
- Back up all of your computer files on DVDs or other file storage disks/devices
- Consult your PC user manual for additional instructions and precautions
- Pack books of the same general size together, in small book cartons.
- Pack them either flat or with the spine touching the bottom of the carton. Do not pack with spine facing upward, as glue can break away from the binder.
- Expensively bound volumes of those of sentimental value should be individually wrapped before packing.
Any modular office furniture will need to be dismantled prior to move day. Use tape to mark where pieces go together and keep the hardware together (including drawer pulls) in one spot, like a plastic bag or coffee can.
Best Packing Tips for the Home Office
Our home office packing tips will provide you with the guidance you need when it comes time to box all of your important belongings. And if done correctly, your home office items should arrive in the same condition they left. These home office packing tips will ensure that when it’s time to unpack, everything can be neatly implemented into your new space.Click here to schedule your free in-home estimate!