Different Types of Moving Boxes: What’s Best for Your Stuff
When you’re preparing to move, it’s important to have the right supplies – including moving boxes. But how do you know what types of moving boxes to purchase? The first step is to take an inventory of your belongings. Then you’ll know what kind of moving boxes – and how many of each – to buy. The most common kinds of moving boxes include the following:
- SMALL BOX. This is also known as a “book box” and is typically 1.5 cubic feet in the United States. It’s great for storing heavy items like books, records, shoes, canned goods, small appliances and more.
- MEDIUM BOX. Typically 3 cubic feet, this type of box is known as the “all-purpose box”. You can put anything in here, from pots and pans, to toys, lamps, mementos, kitchen utensils and more.
- LARGE BOX. At 4.5 cubic feet, the large box is ideal for lightweight items like pillows, blankets and clothing. Typically, as the size of the container increases, the weight of the items should decrease. That way, you won’t get hurt when lifting and loading the moving boxes on moving day.
- DISHPACKS. These boxes come with cell dividers so you can easily transport your bowls, stemware, dishes and other kitchenware.
- MATTRESS BOX. Protect your mattress from damage with a mattress box, which comes in a variety of sizes including crib, twin, standard, double and queen/king.
- MIRROR BOXES. The last thing you want is a cracked mirror on your hands! Even if you aren’t superstitious, using a mirror box for your mirrors, glass tabletops and large pictures just makes sense.
- CUSTOM CRATES. Some people won’t have a need for such crates. But if you’re moving antiques, chandeliers, artwork or anything large, bulky or delicate, be sure to order a customer crate from Berger Allied Moving & Storage. We can make them to your specifications.
- WARDROBE BOXES. These large boxes stand upright and come with a bar for hanging clothing, curtains and draperies. They can keep such belongings wrinkled on your journey.
Whatever your need. Berger Allied Moving & Storage is more than happy to supply you with all the moving boxes for your move. Contact us today for more information!