Who Can Help When Moving Out of the Country in San Antonio, TX?
If you’re moving out of the country, you may not know who to call for help in San Antonio, TX. Of course, you’re likely feeling completely overwhelmed with the prospect of such a long distance relocation. Luckily, with the help of our knowledgeable, experienced movers and our helpful long distance moving checklist, you’re assured a stress-free, seamless experience when moving out of the country.
Moving Out of the Country? Cover the Basics with our Checklist!
To decrease stress as much as possible when moving out of the country, a checklist can be a real lifesaver. Check out the following tasks to make the whole experience less overwhelming.
12 Weeks Before the Transfer:
- Go through everything you own and figure out what you won’t be keeping. There’s no need to pay for shipping on items you no longer need!
- If you live in a complex with multiple units, speak to management to reserve the elevator on moving day. Ideally, you would also reserve several parking spots in front of the building for the truck to simplify things for the movers.
- On your moving checklist, create a section for businesses you need to call to notify them of your new address.
- Get good quality packing supplies and start packing immediately. When you’re moving out of the country, it’s especially important to purchase premium grade materials to avoid issues during the transfer and shipping.
- Book your moving company right away, particularly if you’re trying to book a specific date for your relocation.
One Week Before the Transfer:
- Now is the time to start packing up your delicate pieces. Remove them from your desks and drawers and carefully crate them using the appropriate amount of bubble wrap or packing peanuts.
- Electronics and other loose items should also be boxed at this time.
- Remove hanging items from the walls, like pictures, artwork, and decorations, packing them correctly.
- Start going through your bathroom and packing items. You’ll be needing these things right away at your new home.
- Pack a small overnight bag with a couple sets of clothes and basic toiletries for your first few nights.
On Moving Day:
- Pack up the linens you were using, plus the blankets and pillows.
- Check your appliances to make sure nothing was forgotten.
- After the last few items are loaded onto the truck, do a quick walkthrough to check that nothing was left behind. Make sure to open all cabinets, closets, and rooms so you don’t miss anything.
Need more long distance moving advice? Moving out of the country and don’t know which movers to trust in San Antonio, TX? Give us a call today at Berger Allied Moving and Storage for movers who know their stuff!
Allied Van Lines’ US DOT No. 076235
Berger’s US DOT No. 00125665
Texas USDOT# 270329 TxDMV Certificate No. 00585038 2C
Texas Department of Motor Vehicles Phone: 1-888-368-4689
BERGER TEXAS, INC.
17745 Lookout Road, Suite 240
Schertz, TX 78154