Out of State Moving Companies for a Seamless Long Distance Move
With a long distance move just ahead, you’re no doubt in search of professional, knowledgeable out of state moving companies to simplify the transfer. If you’re a little overwhelmed, perhaps even very stressed, rest assured that it’s completely normal to feel this way! The truth is you’re about to embark on a long distance relocation, and that’s certainly no small feat. Because of this major transfer, it’s essential to enlist the services of out of state moving companies that are truly experienced in such types of hauls.
Looking for Out of State Moving Companies? Berger Allied Can Help!
At Berger Allied Moving and Storage, we’d like to make things easier for you by providing you with the following helpful moving checklist. By adhering to a clear checklist, you also provide family members with the opportunity to help out with the transfer. All they have to do is look at the list!
2 Months Before your Relocation:
- Call your movers to book the big day.
- Check out your storage spaces. Look through places like the basement, shed, and attic. Whatever you won’t need in the short term you can start packing.
- Use up your frozen foods. These are the things you can’t ship during your move. So, if you don’t use them soon, they’ll end up being thrown out.
1 Month Before your Relocation:
- Take some time to figure out what things you’d be keeping and what you’ll be getting rid of. This step is time consuming, but it will save you a lot on wasted costs spent shipping things you didn’t want to keep.
- Notify all the businesses you use and deal with of your change of address. These may include professionals like dental and medical clinics, as well as creditors.
- If you think you’ll be needing short or long-term storage, now is the time to arrange it with out of state moving companies.
- Get your personal records from schools, accountants, dentists, doctors, lawyers, etc.
- Fill out a change-of-address form at the post office.
- Make arrangements for your pets to be transported if they cannot use the same transportation as you.
- Contact utility companies to transfer services and give them your new address.
- Purchase quality moving supplies. If you’re not sure where to get good materials that won’t break during shipping, speak to out of state moving companies that provide these supplies.
Three Weeks Before your Relocation:
- Make plans for yourself to get to your new home. If it will be by train or place, don’t book the tickets on the same day as your move. Should any last-minute issues pop up you don’t want to be stranded.
- Find and pack all personal documents, like your will, stocks, deeds, insurance coverage, etc.
Two Weeks Before your Relocation:
- If you’ll be needing your car for the trip to your new place, have it brought in to be checked and serviced.
- Speak to the manager in your complex if you live in a multiunit apartment or condo to reserve an elevator on the day you’re moving.
One Week Before your Relocation:
- Unplug your appliances to prepare them for the move.
- Defrost your fridge and freezer.
- Pack a bag with a few things to get you through the following few days. It should include personal items such as pjs, 2-3 days’ worth of clothing, medication, glasses or contacts, toothbrush and paste.
On Moving Day:
- On the big day, speak to the moving team to clear up the day’s plans.
- Designate a corner for things you’ll be keeping with you, so the movers know not to pack those items.
- Set aside plenty of food, snacks, and water for the day.
Not sure which out of state moving companies to trust with your long distance transfer? Give us a call today at Berger Allied Moving and Storage for experienced professionals to get you to your new home smoothly and efficiently.
You can find the Berger Allied location nearest you quickly and conveniently on our locations page. We have operations in the following key cities: