International Moving Services
Berger is an international moving company who realizes the most important aspect of moving overseas is planning. Transporting your life to a foreign country is a complex and demanding task, one that needs to be managed through organization and thorough preparation. Berger has over 100 years of experience in relocating individuals, families, businesses and their employees all over the world with proficiency. As an experienced international mover, Berger will outline the basic steps involved with moving overseas.
International Move Preparation
First things first. Before contacting an agent and scheduling a survey, you will need to determine which items you can and cannot take with you. This varies from country to country. Click here to determine which items you can take along.
Schedule a Consultation and Survey
Once you have determined which items you will move, contact us to schedule a consultation and survey with one of our experienced international relocation consultants. Your relocation consultant will visit your home to explain the different services available, answer any questions you have about moving internationally, perform a survey of everything to be moved and provide you with an estimate.
Documentation is a critical part of the international relocation process. Delaying timely completion of the required paperwork may delay your shipment. Your relocation coordinator will guide you through the process of identifying and completing the appropriate paperwork for your home and host countries.
While traveling throughout most of the world is considered safe, we recommend that you check with the U.S. Department of State for current travel advisories.
International Moving: Packing and Loading
- Berger’s packing labels will help you organize your items to be moved. Set aside items that will go into storage, need to be packed last or will remain in your home.
- Pack and set aside all personal items that will be traveling with you, such as your passport, other important paperwork, jewelry and money.
- Berger’s packers use specific international packing methods and materials to protect your possessions during every phase of the move.
- Be present when your items are packed and/or loaded.
- Check off on inventory of items to be moved.
- Berger “live loads” your items directly into a shipping container at your residence whenever possible.
- Perform a final walk through of your home with the crew leader to make sure everything you want to move has been packed. Double check closets, drawers, cupboards, attic and your garage.
International Moving: Customs Clearance
You must be in the host country when your shipment arrives. Berger’s move coordinators guide you through the customs clearance process.
Click here to learn more about customs requirements and tips for U.S. citizens traveling and moving abroad.
International Move: Delivering and Unpacking
Once your shipment has cleared and released from customs, a local representative will contact you when your shipment arrives at their facility to schedule the delivery of your items. Your shipment will be delivered in a matter of days.
Berger is the Unsurpassed International Mover
For over 100 years we have been the international moving company of choice, relocating people all over the world. With Berger as your trusted partner throughout your move overseas, you can rest assured that your relocation will be seamless and successful. Contact Berger today to learn more about the international moving process.